- Must include a series of at least 6 events, all for the same group of participants.
- Must benefit adults, ages 18 years or older.
- May support newly formed groups or help strengthen existing ones.
- May add a social connection element to existing groups that focus on healthy eating or physical activity (and vice versa).
- For healthy eating, activity must include programming beyond providing healthy foods or snacks.
- Priority given to groups made up of people from populations that are more likely to experience health inequities (poor health outcomes). For example, racial/ethnic groups, refugees/immigrants, Native Americans, people in poverty, GLBTQ, veterans or people with disabilities.
Other application eligibility criteria:
- Grants are only available to community nonprofits and local government. Individuals and for-profit businesses are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and participants must both be located in a community served by Allina Health.
- Allina Health will not consider requests that are for the sole benefit of an individual, religious organizations with strictly religious activities, a political organization, or organizations or programs in potential conflict with the mission, vision and values of Allina Health.
- Past grantees are eligible to apply.
- Grants are not available for general operating expenses (day-to-day expenses that are not associated with the Neighborhood Health Connection activity such as building repairs).
- Examples of eligible expenses for funding include staff time for planning and facilitation, child care, transportation, and materials.
By submitting this application, you agree to the following evaluation requirements of the Neighborhood Health Connection Grant:
- Complete a brief survey on behalf of your organization at the conclusion of your activity and after six months.
- Provide contact information (either email or postal mail addresses) for all activity participants. This information will be used only for the purposes of sending surveys and conducting evaluation. We will not ask for any protected health information.
- Collect surveys from participants about their experience in your activity.
You may save and come back to your work at a later time by scrolling to the bottom of the application and clicking "Save Draft". You can access your application again by visiting https://allinahealth.submittable.com/login and signing in to your account.
*Note: this application works best using Google Chrome.